The War.

I stroke her lightly, memorizing her body. Her perfectly imperfect contours; the small of her back, the arch of her foot, the dimples in her cheeks, her eyes, her lips...

I savour the feel of her against me, the feel of her body in my hands. The rhythm of her steady breathing broken only by inaudible sighs.
She trembles as though thunder colliding with lightning on a stormy sea.

I refrain from looking at her, afraid to open my eyes and break this spell.

For she is the wind stroking my skin,
Her soft caress leaving me in a trance,
Her soothing whisper the only reminder that I'm alive,
I am in the heavens as this miss administers her ministrations.

Her yellow sister completes the ménage à trois,
So warm and full of life,
Her arms wide open, welcoming,
A tingly sensation as she kisses my skin.

Come my sweets, let's lie together in this bed of thorns. Hold my hands as we walk into oblivion, as we jump from this precipice and shatter.
Our bones, flesh and blood fodder for the rocks and raging ocean below.
Let our essence become one with the salty sea as it travels across nations just to murmur in men's ears of the legend that is our love.

Come, let's make history. Let us fly to the heavens and make love away from prying eyes, as gods whisper in our ears of greatness and immortality.

I want to hold you close.
Let us mesh our bodies and feed this insatiable hunger. You become me and I you, us, forever.
To never let you go as you melt into me like butter on toast. I want to absorb you and feel you encased on my skin for all eternity.

Come, let us drink to our health. Let us consume this cyanide that will, as with lovers of old, ensure us an eternity in each others arms: Odysseus and Penelope, Orpheus and Eurydice.

Come, let's play Russian roulette with fate,
Sleep in our nest of writhing serpents as we fade into this engulfing darkness,
As we flit between nothingness and life's pains.

I'll carve out my heart for you,
With these gnarled fingers rip it out and make it a present for you,
If only to show you it beats for none other.

I'll swim in a sea of blades for you my loves. Walk through ice and fire with you beside me.
For what is the scorching sun but a burning splint?
What is a lifetime in the Arctic but a dip in the ocean?
For I am as incomplete without you as a hell with no heaven, death without life.

For I am you and you are me.

Comments

Popular Posts