Dreams.

It seems like a lifetime ago, when I was happy and all was right with the world.
When the childhood promise of everlasting happiness was more than fantasy.
Days filled with sunlight, laughter, the sand between our toes as the ocean whispered ballads in our ears.
Warm nights filled with drinking...sweating as we danced to long forgotten songs, our songs.
We didn't know what to make of this...

The way you looked at me, expressing what you felt in more than words.
Why jinx it, you said. Why give it a label as long as we knew what we felt...as long as we had fun?
Three weeks of heavenly bliss.
Weeks devoted to lies masked in kisses and intimate caresses.
If only we knew what to make of this....

It was a bleak Wednesday when the holiday came to an end.
When you went your way and I mine, to lead lives we loathed.
Keeping in touch, Twitter, Facebook and long emails,
But I sorely missed you, your presence, those few first months.
Wished you were here with me, for me....

Yesterday, I dreamt about you.
We kissed as we used to, held hands like we used to. Even said what we didn't, couldn't.
And when I woke up that void, the black hole in here, was finally filled.
Your presence lingered invading my space..tasted you on my lips. I was content to have you near.
But when i went to bed, I didn't dream of you anymore.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts