ART

I want to write poetry,
Make the greatest of sculptures,
Of song and dance,
I wanna make art,

I want to write about sunshine,
The wind in her face,
Sand between her toes,
Happiness in its true form,

I want to make a sculpture,
Of such deep emotion, it would make a devil weep,
Of the constant ringing laughter of a young one,
Glee in its true form,

I want the perfect brush to paint this picture,
An image of unwavering and loyal love,
Bountiful and bursting at the seams,
The love a mother has for her only child,

I want to sing,
Poems and songs of life, not dirges,
Songs of praise to 'Mulungu',
The warmth of His divine love spreading like a wildfire in my soul,

I want to dance as my forefathers did before me,
Dances of life, fertility... a dedication to mother earth,
Unashamedly revel in their obsolescence,
As I declare my deep admiration for this lost art,

I want to mould life,
Harness its beauty in my hands,
Perfect every nook and cranny,
The grace of its dips and bumps, highs and lows,
Coaxing out the perfect of crevices.

Comments

Popular Posts