The Proposal.

I have seen how cruel this world can be to those who are alone. How merciless it is to those who are selfish with themselves.

I want to share me with you. All that I am, all that I will be.
All I have, however insignificant in men's eyes, is yours as it is mine. For I know you will care for me, care for all that is ours until your dying breath.

Let us grow old together my sweet, for I do not see myself living this wretched life without you.

I already feel incomplete, in need of a rebirth...baptism...a deep desire for you.

I always feared this, loving someone as, even more than I love myself.
However this, with you, feels right; perfection is but a farce in its wake.

Will you be mine as I shall yours?

For I to be your world, you my universe?

Are you ready for forever my love?

For long cold nights with only me by your side to keep you warm?

For bliss?
For pain?
For this?

Will you take this plunge with me?

Jump gracefully from this cliff to oblivion?

As lovers fall, but rise herculean victors?

For they will tell tales of us, of our boundless love,

A love that gods ascribe, man fawns upon, that makes demons blush...
Yes, we'll rewrite history you and I,

Come, let us walk this path to bliss.

Comments

Popular Posts