REVOLUTION.

I write for the mother who just lost her only child,
The father who can no longer provide for his family,
The boy who understands naught why his parents are getting divorced,
The girl who just got dumped, he gave her AIDS,
The hobo whose home got vandalized, damn the city council,
The young girl, alone in the world with the animal, that beast...her father,
The lover whose fiance got shot on her wedding day,
The young writer whose first piece got plagiarized,
The humble soul forced to watch his wife get raped,
The fleeced taxpayer, anger lacing his every word,

I write for the Nation, all the unsung heroes.
I cry their tears,
I'm the shield to the insults that are hurled,
I'm the blood to their wounds,
The fuel to their heartfelt desires,
The answers to their silent prayers,
I'll die for this revolution.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts