I ONCE KNEW HER! By Titus Mutua Mugambi

Sob! Sob! Sob! Sob! Sob! Sob! Shhhhhh!
Cease the tears, at the end of the tunnel there shall be light.

I remember with bliss,
The night when the skies lit,
As the shooting star was wished upon by many,
The fallen star!

I traveled by candle light to where she lay,
And in my arms I nursed her and held her,

She shone, the brightest star since the beginning of ages,
The beauty in her made me awe,

I had a star! The envy of princes!
She gave me her heart and mine I entrusted to her,

With her shine she shone upon our path and deliberated us from
enemies,
Her mellow voice; she sang my loneliness away,

With her long fingers she played my every key and soothed me to
slumber,
She brought shine, joy, love and immortality to my mortal heart,
my star!

IMMORTALITY!
The quest of witches, who forever wish for youth,

They preyed upon my star, for her shining heart,
Could I fight? Could I rescue m ’amour?

I battled with my sword and warred with my heart,
For she, I lay everything in sacrifice,

BUT …
My star no longer shone!
I now only have to say to the mocking world,
I once knew a star,
I once knew her.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts