Basilisk.

It's dark,
I feel cold and hungry,
Hungry for life,
Hungry for the light,

It calls to me,
A constant whisper,
A deep growl,
Coaxing compliance, breaking the barriers I've put up,

My teeth chatter as deep in concentration I try to resist,
My heart in my throat,
"No!" Futile attempts to scream elicit no sound,
My legs, thick blocks of lead, are mine no longer,

All around hollow eyes stare at me,
Lifeless pits, darker than a devils abyss,
Toothy grins amidst dry cracked thin lips,
Long, charred and gnarly fingers, remnants of ages of abuse by this beast,
Is this what I'm to become?

I'm in deep,
The demons very lair,
It taunts me, smirking, a cat playing with its prey,
Fear gives way to a deep sated hatred, anger, loath,
Hating myself for I'm giving in yet again.

A prick and sweet pain engulfs me,
It's thrilling, this flight with the gods,
A buzz, a constant ringing in my head,
The sounds amplified, sights magnified,
As I fall deeper and deeper,
Losing my faith, religion...courting death.

Comments

Popular Posts