Today's post is for all mothers, we hate to love them **,


Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.
~George Cooper


''Mama''
The first words on my lips,
Impured with a childish lisp,
The first woman I recognised,
Even in the deep slumber of childhood sleep.

You taught me love,
Taught me how to live,
And how to learn,
Learn from my childish errors.

You taught me wrong from right,
Taught me forgiveness and acceptance,
And how to make clear decisions,
Decisions unobscured from anger or the heat of hate.

You taught me appreciation,
Taught me respect,
The value of tolerance,
And the reward of patience.

You taught me the importance of money,
All the evil it brings,
The little joys it buys,
And all it cannot replace.

You taught me friendship,
The power of unconditional love,
Love that knows no bounds,
And the price of hate.

Comments

Popular Posts